Thursday, December 10, 2009


Hi All, I have some good news and some bad news good news first,
Made it to the Barbados waypoint at 0430hrs this morning.
Bad news is I'm now on my way to St Lucia!
I arrived at Port St Charle Marina early this morning, waited for the Sun to come up and found it very exposed to this F5 wind blowing off the land, decided to go to Bridgetown anchorage in Carlisle Bay.
Even worse at Carlisle Bay, wind gusting F6, Tried to anchor for 3 hrs, could not get close enough, still in 25mtrs water.
1000hrs sailed back to St Charles Marina.
Decided to give St Charles a go as wind not as bad there, again couldnt get close enough,
I didn't realise that it would be this difficult, but hadn't reckoned on the wind being this strong it wasn't forecasted.
Had been awake now all night for the approach and getting very tired, and still hadn't been able to stop the boat.
And even if I had I wouldn't have been able to clear in using the Dingy as just to rough.
So after another 2 attempts one without the jib, I still failed to anchor, Rain clouds were now coming over with rain and even more wind.
Just not my day.
1200hrs 13,16.42N 059,39.08W wind NE F5-6 COG 295 speed 0.8 dist run 3,060 non to noon 135Nm
NEW WAYPOINT to the bottom of St Lucia. Visit to Barbados abandoned. Will mix it with the ARC lads this xmas.
I'm a bit disapointed about it, but the ambition didn't have a destination, have done well over 3,000Nm just not anywhere yet!
More Later

1 comment:

  1. Your so amazing! I've heard that Carlilse Bay is s beautiful place. So how was your stay there?


Add your comment here, you need to sign into your Google account first