Saturday, September 26, 2009

Furkleing

Hi all,
Well I spent three days in Marina Rubicon, and left in the afternoon Wednesday, and just went round the corner to Playa De Las Mujere, there are 4 untouched beaches in this area, various sizes but all with golden sands, spent the afternoon and night anchored 500 yards off the beach. Posn. 28,51.18 013,47.63. Thursday not a lot of wind so left the achorage and went up the east side to Purto Calero, Posn 28,55.04 013,42.07 and booked in for 2 nights. I have been here many times before while Elect. Eng. aboard Midnight Saga 1, 2 and last time the delivery trip of Saga 3. Its a duty free place and I had a mission here. Have been trying to get an in car power supply for my Laptop, tried everwhere in UK before I left, and everywhere I've been with no success, this time Benji's duty free shop in Purto Del Carman (a short taxi ride away) had exactly what I needed, so now no more probs charging computer when in the Ogin.
My next plan is to try for Santa Cruz, Isla de la Palma, have a forecast today Sat 26 that could be perfect if it stays that way, would let me go south about with the wind going from North into the southwest, I could pass all the Ilses on the way.
Las Palmas is filling up rapidly now with the boats taking part in this years ARC rally so would be a bit hectic, I also need to see the places Ive never been, so doing the Nav. and a bit of shopping and Ill let you know were I am later, hopefully today.
Roy
PS. After getting the power supply I went to Muligans Irish bar in del Carmen and suprise, it was Guinness 250 year celibration night! well I wont go into that story here.