Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday Evening

Have popped up to deshaies to do final preparations, couldn't seem to get my head round it in in St Lucia! but 2 days of meeting no one I know seems to have done the trick, of course also I went up the river bed early this morning (about 3 miles into the forest) to have a wonderful swim in freezing cold fresh water, wonderfull.
The weather system coming about Wednesday night Thursday morning is a quickie storm, about 40 to 45 knots of wind! I am trying to time it to leave before it arrives and ride the winds above it, this will give me a really good push into the wind that is traveling east towards the uk. If I get it right will be very good, if I get it wrong the storm will hit me for about 6 to 8 hours. Survivable with sails down all being well. I think this is my last chance to make it across, if it dosent work out, well its back down again towards St Lucia or Granada!
Will keep sending blog updates, I just hope old computer hangs in there as it is still my only means to communicate.
Roy