Monday, March 21, 2016

Update 0f Arrival at Last !

Hi everyone,
Finally I have arrived in St Thomas, its taken a while, mostly because of the wind and seas I experienced, but, also my bilge pumps, and, to top everything, the seams that had been moving due to the the pounding GL took on the passage. I have now made temp repair to 3 of them and in my latest journey from Isla De Vieques, in the heavy waves another 2 have shown up. I left Sunday morning and arrived Crown Bay Marina at 1000hrs for fuel, water, petrol, and to fix 2 seams, plus locate the fitting for bilge p/p. so  the water is not discharging into the cockpit ! Will only stay 3 days here then move to anchour at Water Island, fixed or not.
As an update to the passage log, at 0701hrs this morning a milestone was passed I had completed 700 NM through the water logged with my Walker IV Log. With 521.6 Nm only from Blue Haven Marina to Water Island via my route, just shows how much extra miles were done having to tack against the wind.
Roy