Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hi everyone,
Well a weather window has opened up, I have made the decision to make a go for St Thomas. I will be leaving Blue Haven Marina today Thursday 3rd March 2016 @ approx 1200hrs.  I cleared customs  yesterday, and am re stowing all the equipment back on board, preparing GL for the trip. There are quite a few other boats leaving so we all got together at the Salt Bar last night to say our farewells and have a few drinks. I will attempt to send updates via the sat comms, as I make my way back to Water Island, here's hoping  all will go ok there, as I will have no way to see what happens till I make landfall again. I leave here with a bit of sadness as the people and new friends I've met  made the boat and myself so very welcome. I enjoyed every minuet and got so much ticked off the work list in magic surroundings. A Special thank you to Adam Foster, Porsche and all the Girls in the office, not forgetting all the bar and kitchen staff  and guys who look after the docking at the pontoons. All the very best to you all for the future.
Roy on board Guiding Light.