Monday, December 15, 2014

update 1

Hi to all,
I am so far behind in the blog due to the problems getting internet, but here I go again.
I had a quiet November really, weather was very rainy, to reflect later, on these quiet days, 1) I took a small video clip. Taken at the Gallery Cafe while having breakfast.

then 2) a picture of my boat at anchor with the dingy hoisted, my normal way when on the boat!
>
then 3) three pics of the beach Tyrell Bay, one of the dingy dock awash at The Lazy Turtle Restaurant.
>


then 4) two pics of a beautiful sunset.
>

then 5) one pic, of one of  many, baby turtles! whose nest had been exposed by wave erosion.
>

then 6) a before and after pic of my anchor lamp
>

then whilst all this is going on, its getting close to my extended visa running out. The weekend before, I had a very lucky 'opportunity knocks' situation, and after an adventure into darkest Carriacue, met a man Ray Charles who had a teak log in his wood-mill, I have only been looking for a bit of teak to fix the starboard toe rail for three years!!!
so a then 7) a pic of the plank he cut off the log for me.
>
So after the plank was lashed to the deck, and after my sister Lynne said she had posted the spares I had ordered, it was time to head out for St Lucia, first though a farewell dinner, with Spirited Lady Suzie, Maddy and friends, we did it at the 'Lazy Turtle'
>
 
I will split this post here to do a bit more sanding on deck
more very soon
Roy