Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Working on cabin roof


Hi Everyone,
Work started on the cabin coachroof on Monday 3rd  Feb, and as at 10th repairs have been finished. It remains now to fill and paint and also replace the coaming strips around the edge.

Before I came home last June I had a go at removing these coamings with disastrous results, I could not remove the screws, I ended up having to destroy one length, so I Posted a pile of teak to myself, to be able to make new one's, expecting to do that to all of them, amazingly although very hard to do, the remaining ones all survived my frenzied attack intact and are also now being varnished. 

At the same time as doing this I have been sanding and varnishing the Bow Sprit and Spreaders (which needed a reinforcing rivet fitting) and for the first time I have a local man to give me a helping hand, I removed all the wooden blocks from Halyards and Sheets, and after a close inspection for any damage, he, Aaron, is sanding and varnishing them and anything else I can think of while he is here. I have also started the deck repairs which begin with the Mast Step.

The outside of the boat on deck is a bit depressing, it is so dirty from being outside so long with no covers, I am ignoring this because of the work required and that will be done later.
The cooker had to go on hold for a bit, but will be started very soon as other jobs are finished. All rigging has been inspected in minute detail for any sign of damage or distortion after the pounding on the reef, and I am very glad to say none has been found, it all required cleaning up so that has also been done. 






I did try to post some pictures, and even reducing the size down to minimum,

 not one would upload on my blog, they will be posted later when I get a better connection. And now today i was successful loading the pics of repair to cabin roof.
More coming
Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment