Pic of me in Chris's open air work shop cutting them on his drill press.
Chris had already cut and fitted some for me, about 70 odd, I did the rest, another 162.
|All bunged up 1|
|All bunged up 2|
|Buttering the Planks|
|Reminder of the damaged plank surface's|
This is to stabilize the wood surface after all that rubbing and scraping on the reef. With all the plugs sanded down this is now in progress.
It will take a bit of time to do, and after trialing various fillers I chose to use West System and the '407' light filler. I overhauled the overboard valves and fitted them sealed up with goo, before starting this job.
And last pic is the port side plank removal. I did more damage to this side of the boat, in an hour and a half, than the reef did in 48hrs. I just hacked them out with no finesse! and I am glad to say, the frames are undamaged this side. A few loose fasteners to address, but it faired a lot better than t'other side.
I don't think I will be using copper nails though, All the damage is below the port bunk and galley stove, there is no room to swing a door mouse in there, I just haven't the get up and go to remove that lot, it will just have to stay were it is.
more and more coming.