Hi Everyone again,
And now my and GL's quandry, it concerns my finance's as much as anything else, also the estimated work and time/materials required to carry it all out.
The main damage is to the starboard side when she was pulled over. Morgan the Shipwright has been aboard for a quick look, and we discussed what needs to be done, and a rough time scale for completion. It doesn't look good for me. All my budget for the next 5 months was used to get her off the reef and into the shipyard. Over $10,000. Right now I am out of funds. I had to spend that amount as I just couldn't stand by and watch as she was battered into matchwood by the relentless waves on the reef. I spent all day yesterday searching the reef and the mangroves for all the items washed overboard. I found them scattered all over the mangroves. And recovered:- outboard motor/washboard/cockpit floor/cockpit cushion/aft hatch cover/salvage pump/bottle of washing up liquid/petrol can/life jacket/dingy oars and dingy which was shreaded and useless. I recovered all except two anchors and my boathook, so luck is still with me a bit.
More news later