Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fred

Hi Everyone,
Fred thank goodness is now fixed at last, a different way to mount the struts and a new reinforced mounting were fitted.
I tested the boat this last Sunday and all is now AOK again, which, leaves me free to plan whats next. Hurricane season has only a month to go before the trade winds are supposed to start up again, I am keeping my fingers crossed for that.
After the repairs to the Garboard planks Starb. and Port, I have developed a small new leak on the portside, but I belive this is due to me re-bolting the plank, and have probably moved it a bit. As long as it gets no worse that will be another job to do next time I am hauled out. The starboard plank is not now moving, and that rarther large leak 'is no more', I just hope it stays that way, it's taken a long time to get it right.
Will blogpost the pics next time internet is good.
Roy