Friday, May 13, 2011

St Maarten

Hi Everyone,
Well first part of the current plan has been achieved, I arrived at St Maarten late afternoon 12th May with only 40 mins to spare before the last bridge opening, then I anchored GL in Simpsons Bay Lagoon, unshipped the dingy/outboard and went ashore to find US Dollars, no more ECD dollars from now on. Went to the yacht club and 15mins walk to the ATM and back later, had dollars and a beer in my hand listening to live music at the yacht club bar!
Immigration today, there is no customs here its a freeport! and I desparately need a shorepower/battery charger, far too expensive wherever I've been so far, my original one spectacularly blew up in Febuary 2010, and has been sitting there on the floor in the focsule ever since, busted. Heres me a fully qualified electrical engineer and without the tools and bits, helpless to fix it myself (I've done hundreds of them).
My next bit of news is; I am going to Jost Van Dyke, there is a famous bar there called Foxy's bar/rest, and he organises Foxy's Wooden Boat Regatta on 27th May.....could be good fun if I make it in time.
More later
Roy