Drying out after arrival Falmouth
Hi all, As May comes to a close it sees us still in Falmouth, there have been storms here all week and now they've calmed a bit but today 29th we have a strong wind warning again here in south west. This time waiting is not being wasted, there are a couple of annoying deck leaks we are fixing, also a mod to the solar charge and shaft charge circuits which gives more versatility of choice. Another trial 'temp mod' is for down wind sailing, we've fitted a new haliyard from the spares cupboard to the fwd mast head, aquired an ali dingy mast, and are making a couple of whisker poles to pole out the big jib, and spare big jib set flying. The sheets from these will be attached through sheet leads directly to the tiller, its a known way of doing it from the past, we will see if it works on guiding light. Roy lost his glasses yet again! and is blind as a bat waiting for specs to be made! A diet of Cornish Pasties, Cornish Cream Teas, Guinness, Falmouth isnt a bad place to wait. The 'Bosun's Locker' chandlery have been helpful in our mods also 'Oddies Pub'. As to leaving, the 'UGrib' site is showing its ok for next week, we monitor this every day, so maybe 2-3 or 4 of June could be good for Biscay and our next port La Caruna.